- Audite 2023 is open to all who are interested in developing their knowledge about conducting, no matter their previous career path, training or experience.
- Entry to Stage 1 is provided free to anyone who makes a donation of at least £9.99 to Classic Concerts Trust (UK registered charity no. 295996) in support of future Conductors Academy projects.
- There is no age limit or other requirement of any kind.
- Application may be made by submitting the sign-up form along with card payment of a donation.
- The deadline for signing up for Stage 1 is 6 April 2023 at 23.59 (UTC+1).
- In the event of excessive demand making it necessary to limit the number of participants then registration may be closed at any time without notice. Early application is therefore recommended.
- The payment made on signing up is a donation towards future Conductors Academy projects and is non-returnable.
- All Stage 1 participants are eligible to apply.
- The first 100 applications will be accepted for assessment.
- In the event of high demand the number of applications accepted may be increased at the discretion of the directors.
- The detailed requirements for assessment at Stage 2 will be notified after the Stage 1 classes.
- The final deadline for application for Stage 2 is 14 May 2023 at 23.59 (UTC+1).
- In the event of the number of applications exceeding capacity, the application process may be terminated at any time.
- Entry to Stage 1 is provided free to anyone who makes a donation of at least £150.00 to Classic Concerts Trust (UK registered charity no. 295996) in support of future Conductors Academy projects..
- Assessment process
- Submissions will be assessed by the CA directors and their decision is final.
- Up to 24 applicants will be selected to conduct at the next stage.
- The names of the conductors selected will be announced not later than 2 June 2023.
- All participants at Stage 2 may observe at Stages 3-6 and to participate in the selection processes.
- On the basis of demonstrating suitable skills at stage 3, up to 9 of the conductors receiving lessons will be invited to conduct the orchestra at Stage 4.
- On the basis of the skills demonstrated at Stage 4, 3 participants will be invited to conduct at Stages 5 & 6.
- Selection process
- The selection tasks will be organised so that some of those involved in the selection process (if possible, at least half) cannot see the conductor, nor know their identity until after all scores have been submitted.
- The aggregated scores of the screened jury and the CA directors will be announced.
- Where the aggregated scores of the participants and CA directors are contradictory, the directors retain the right to overrule the participants’ vote in the final selection – but in the event that they do so must clarify the reasons for their decision.
Participation (all stages)
- The official language of the class is English.
- Candidates who require assistance with communication in English are welcome to participate at all stages but must provide their own interpreter.
- Donations and registration fees must be paid by credit or debit card using the forms provided.
- Conduct of the class
- Tuition is provided free of charge but any and all other costs relating to participation – such as travel expenses, visas, accommodation and subsistence – are the responsibility of the participant.
- In the event of circumstances beyond the control of the organisers, different pedagogues may be engaged or the format, content or dates of classes may be altered.
- In order to retain active participation, participants must arrive punctually (i.e. at or before the required arrival time) at the locations indicated by the organisers.
- Participants who are absent, late or otherwise fail to comply with the reasonable directions of the organisers may be disqualified from further participation at the sole discretion of the organisers.
- Where relevant, running order and repertoire allocation will be determined either by drawing lots or some other random process.
- All stages of the class will be filmed and recorded and an official photographer will be engaged.
- Unless previously authorised by the organisers, any other form of filming, recording or photography is prohibited.
- The participants agree to provide the organisers full and permanent right to usage, free from all restrictions, of all recorded sound and images without any form of financial compensation.
- In all matters not specifically described in these regulations, the decision of the organisers will be final.